REPLY TO ANONYMOUS DONOR

We Americans are citizens of the greatest democratic republic on earth. Many Christians, including our President view our young nation as Chosen by God. As the world’s greatest super power even the secular claim responsibility on a global scale. The well and the able and the prosperous often assume that our great nation’s assortment of programs, bureaus, agencies, charities and Social Security take care of all Good people that may face hardship. We assume most social problems are made by the poor choices made by uneducated people leading dysfunctional or destructive lives. My intention is to erase this misconception. This assumption within our subconscious allows us to feel less responsibility for the ills within our community. As my life unfolds I have to face my own false preconceptions.

 We all want to believe in "The American Dream" that anyone who goes to college and makes 'A's' and works hard will attain security and prosperity. The reality is there are some unfortunate cases of good people placed in bad circumstances beyond their control. Occasionally tragic events place them back so far behind they cannot get ahead of their problems. Despite all the efforts and resources available to them, they can’t get back to ground zero, now matter how hard they try.

It is very easy to disconnect from any feelings of obligation to help the less fortunate. Many believe most impoverished people will probably squander any of the resources provided for them. On the other hand many good people in bad situations are frustrated by futile attempts to get ahead often giving up hope on their future. They can never escape the cumulative effect of their lack.



I know I have been treading hard to keep my head above water for so long and with all my will power. The fatigue was so great I felt doomed to drown until someone was willing to jump in and rescue me! I just want you to know about me and to realize the value of the life you saved. There just aren’t enough life guards, for the drowning. Hopefully your altruism will inspire others to at least cast a lifeline to someone else barely treading water.


 Thanks you. May God continue to Bless you. May my Blessing through you lead to Blessings to others through my testimony.

0 comments: