1:15pm My electricity off! Calls to MLGW & News

Arrived home about 1:15 pm to find my electricity off.  Having just viewed the noon news minutes prior my first reaction was to phoned Channel 3! The main call center gave me no option other than $1,100 payment in full. I continued to seek assistance through a series of calls with the MLGW On Track supervisor, Ms. L. In my initial call I explained that I was not disputing my bill or my termination from the program; I was desparately seeking any options toward getting my power on. Her first reaction was that she had no authority to assist me. She instructed me to call on MIFA, CSA, and Catholic Charities, the same 3 that MLGW always refers. I had not neglected to contact these and others through "211" , as well as internet search of government agencies the past months. I made her aware that most of the known charities were without funds. She admitted that  it was near impossible to get call through MLGW's CSA phone number. She made some inquiries with Ms. W. of Presidents office. I emphasized I had  my regular budgeted $200 payment but I didn't want to make an unmerited promise for the balance. Although it was tempting to just give a date and amount just to get my lights on, I would not jeopardize the credibility of my word. My $200 was rejected and I was told my only option was to find some way of raising the balance. After I suggested that it was becuase I'd sought out many resources and lacked close friends or family capable of assisting this much that I resorted to calling her, and that maybe I would have to resort to going on TV to raise funds. Ms. L ended the call again quickly. Eventually, just before the arrival of the reporter I had managed to get my services connected if I promised to make my $200 payment online before next day. If my payment could not be verified the next day, then she would send someone right back over to disconnect. I was to expect contact from Ms. W. in regards to possibilities of arranging the balance. I made a positive report of service reconnection to Channel 3.

0 comments: